Monday, April 23, 2012

Putting the Hoff in Anderhoff

Welcome to the glitzy world of Anderson (Matt) and my (Blake) efforts for publicizing our adventures into homebrewing. As we've started to dive into making our own brews it has become quite apparent how vast the knowledge base really is for home brewing. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why we're here.

I've considered myself a pretty unbiased beer drinker for quite some time. More or less I enjoy trying new things, and I thoroughly enjoy beer, so I figure it's my duty to try any and all variations to quench my curiosity (pun intended). Through all this experimentation I would say my taste in beer has expanded quite noticeably and it's not likely I would come across a beer I can't enjoy (fruity beers like Leiny's Berryweiss are the exception). It wasn't until Anderson started actually pushing the idea of homebrewing that I started to truly consider it. I had been told I should get into it in college, after college, etc.. but never really thought about it seriously. I can honestly say I'm very glad we decided to give it a shot.

Given my typical laid back attitude and personality of a borderline hooligan, most of my friends don't get to see my math/science geek side (and few of them ever will). I didn't even allow the inner geek to come out while getting a degree in engineering. Perhaps because I was too busy consuming the golden bubbly nectar of life to apply it in the classroom. But as Anderson started leaning on me to learn the science behind beer making, I instantly found an application for my inner geek to expose itself. Seriously, who would have thought so many calculations, experiments, lab work, etc. could result in a creation so fantastic. (Anderson created a monster)

So I hope to get this blog up and rolling, connecting with the rest of the group of crazies that enjoy this process (and result) as much as we do. I look forward to learning from the people who have been doing this longer than myself, sharing stories, and hopefully even sharing some beers with other homebrewers and beer lovers.

Remember, Always Drink Responsibly. Unless, of course, your friends don't own a phone/camera/other recording device.

No comments:

Post a Comment