Monday, April 16, 2012

Intro post: Who am I?

Hello everyone,
My name is Matt Anderson and it was about one year ago that a friend and I bought our first home brewing kit. We have always loved beer but really started to like the idea of being able to have a great beer and say "We made that!".  Last year also happened to be my first year as a Dad and needless to say, I didn't have a lot of time to put the home brewing kit to use.


The Little Monster
Blake and I put our money together to buy the home brewing kit and split the cost of the ingredients for each beer. Since we purchased the kit a year ago, we have made only 3 different kind of beers: Irish Red Ale, Blonde Ale and the latest one, Noble Trapist Ale. As I'm sure most parents can understand, after your kid turns one year old, time starts to free up and you can get back into your hobbies. My kid is sleeping more, self entertains, and most importantly for this brewer...he doesn't have colic anymore (worst 3 months of my life).


Brewing our first beer (Irish Red Ale)
So with all of that said, I realize that I am new to the home brewing and craft beer market, but I have a passion for it and am striving to learn more. Ever since I began home brewing, I started looking at beer in a completely different way and find myself liking beers that I never used to (craft beer), and not liking the ones I always used to drink (domestic light beers mainly).


Blake and I bottling our first beer
This blog will consist of Blake and I's journey to become better at brewing and our general understanding of beer. We welcome everyone to post and comment giving as much advice as they want, because like I said, we're learning and welcome any information that we can get our hands on.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Matt, I am not sure where you get your energy, but please send some of it to me. Actually you can feel free to send me energy and beer anytime. I would love to try some of your concoctions. It would be best if you personally delivered it with family in tow. Love ya and good luck on your brewing and blogging adventure. Was that 'too mushy'? :) Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are well on your way. Thanks for the tasty beverages last week. It was also great to have the Anderhoff team over again to talk about brewing. We'll set up a collaboration sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - it's easy to have energy when it comes to beer! I could definitely send you some of our next beers, not sure about in person though, but a great idea. That wasn't too "mushy" so I'll let it slide, lol. Thanks for the comment!

    Brant - it was fun last week, never gets old trying new beer. A collaboration idea sounds awesome!

    Josh - we'll be making plenty of beer over the summer, so I'll make sure to send you some!

    ReplyDelete