Monday, June 11, 2012

Tallgrass Brewing - 8-Bit Pale Ale and Sand Creek Brewing - Oscar's Chocolate Oatmeal Stout


BEER REPORT CARD - Tallgrass brewing - 8-bit pale ale - 5.2% ABV; Sand creek brewing - oscar's oatmeal chocolate stout - 4.5% abv


Doing a double report card this week since I missed out last week.

Matt's Review


Last week I had the 8-Bit Pale Ale from Tallgrass Brewing at 5.2% ABV. I had heard about this beer from a couple other friends, but was immediately curious when I saw the can looking like an old Atari with a Pac Man like appearance. The first thing I noticed about this beer was the really strong hop taste (which I loved), there wasn't much for a hop aroma however. Even though I've been into beers lately with a really strong hop taste, this one hit the spot but don't think I could drink too many in one sitting because of how strong the hops are.
Overall Grade: B-

The next beer that I just opened tonight, is the Oscar's Oatmeal Chocolate Stout from Sand Creek Brewing at only 4.5% ABV. It definitely has that chocolaty smell to it, and didn't seem to have too much head/carbonation when pouring it into the glass, which seems to be normal among stouts. I typically do not like dark stout beers, but I'm not sure if it's the low ABV, but this one really finishes smooth with a sweet taste that I really enjoyed. I figured this would be a good one to try while down in the man cave because the basement gets really cold and a dark stout would taste better. However, I don't think this would be terrible outside on a warm day, not saying I'd drink this while grilling, but doesn't really have that dark beer feel to it that would scare off summer drinking.
Overall Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment